What to expect from a “Not in the Guide Books tour?”
- Original tour by a local that you can’t find anywhere else
- Small groups which leads to a more personal experience
- Flexible itinerary, adapted to your own wishes
- Tours that will immerse you in the local culture
- Very good price-value ratio
What makes Babylonstoren so special?
Every area on this property looks like it came straight of the most beautiful Pinterest board.
Book your stay here.
What to expect from the tour?
- Free pick up service – Theresa from “Not in the Guide Books” offers a pick up service from Cape Town or meets you in front of the Farm Shop. A day of exploring Babylonstoren can begin!
- Insightful tour – Usually I prefer to explore a place at my own pace but I was so grateful we had Theresa with us. Otherwise we would have missed more than half of what Babylonstoren has to offer! Almost everything is edible and you are encouraged to try and taste as much as possible!
This makes the tour that much more fun!
Visiting the wine cellar
After some exploring it was time for our tour of the wine cellar followed by a wine tasting! We opted for the accompanying veggie platter “straight from the garden” and tasted a variety of 5 wines.
Read more about my favourite wineries in South Africa. Click here.
Visiting the scent room
Now it was time to go visit the scent room. Babylonstoren has created their own biological products: shampoos, candles, soap,… You can even create your own personalised body scrub and face mask!
Afterwards it was time to presume our food walk guided tour and discover more of the gems this garden has to offer. You’ll find ducks, an insect hotel, a small chicken farm, a prickly pear maze and dozens of different vegetables and plants.
Where to eat?
After the tour a lunch at the Greenhouse is also included! They serve freshly made juices and little bites. Make sure to also explore the actual greenhouse right next to it!
The extra bonus when going with Not in the Guidebooks?
If you want to treat yourself ask Theresa if she might be able to get you a table at the world famous Babel! Normally this restaurant has a waiting list of 6 months. But thanks to her we were able to score a reservation for the next day! It suffices to say that the food here is so delicious. You can actually taste the freshness of it and know for sure that you are eating healthy food.