Are you looking for those perfect Instagrammable places in Jaisalmer, India? No need to look further, cause this blogpost covers them all!
Including some insider tips on how to get there, when to go and what to wear to get that perfect shot!
1. Thar Desert
- How to get there: you’ll most definitely need transportation by car. Another option which you can choose is to join in on a camel safari. Unfortunately when we were visiting it was really off season so all of the luxury camps were closed. But if you can I can really recommend The Serai.
- When to go: right before sunset is the most magical time
- What to wear: going barefoot is the way to go here cause I tell you it’s a lot harder than it looks to run around in sand dunes :p
2. Jaisalmer Fort
- How to get there: the entrance of the fort is easily reached by Tuk Tuk. It’s one of the last living forts in the world where about 1/4 of the old population still lives.
- When to go: early morning during sunrise will get you the most spectacular views + empty and clean streets
- What to wear: a flowy dress + sandals you don’t need sneakers to climb this fort 😉
3. Gadsisar Sagar Lake
- How to get there: it’s a short walking distance from the fort
- When to go: we went during sunrise and the light was absolutely magical
- What to wear: if you go during sunrise I would opt for a sheer fabric so you can make even more magic happen with the light!
4. Jain Temples
- How to get there: they are located within the fort
- When to go: they are open every day from 7 am until 1 pm. The charge for entering is around 200 rupies plus an additional fee to take your camera inside as a tourist. Please remember to remove your shoes before entering.
- What to wear: make sure to be dressed decent when you’re visiting temples: preferably a long dress and covered shoulders.
5. Kuldhara – Ghost village
- How to get there: by car, the former village is located around 18km from Jaisalmer city.
- When to go: around sunset
- What to wear: opt for a colour that makes you stand out
If you’ve been following my travels on Instagram then you already know why this hotel is on this list. This place is what dreams are actually made of!
Click here to read everything about my magical stay.