Are you planning your next holiday to St. Moritz and not sure where to stay? No need to worry cause I got you! How about staying in the first luxury hotel every built in St. Moritz? The Kulm Hotel is a 5 star hotel located in the Engadin valley in the heart of St. Moritz.
It’s founder, the pioneer Johannes Badrutt turned this luxury hotel into what it is today all by placing a simple bet. He told his friends from England to come and stay at his hotel during the Winter time and that if they didn’t absolutely love it he would reimburse all of their travel expenses. They were used to cold and rainy English Winters so nothing could have prepared them for Sunny days in a true Winter wonderland. In the end they ended up staying for several weeks and raved about their experience to all of their friends. And that’s how the Kulm Hotel became the most famous luxury hotel in St. Moritz.
Where to Stay in St. Moritz – Kulm Hotel St. Moritz
- The Kulm Hotel is a 5 star resort and has the allure of a palace. From the grandeur of the entrance hall to the royal feeling of the lobby. As soon as you set foot inside the Kulm Hotel you will be blown away.
- The Kulm Hotel houses several restaurants and one of them is the Kulm Country Club. You can either enjoy a cocktail in the bar downstairs or try one of their amazing dishes. If you decide to go definitely try the tuna tartar and tuna steak!
- The Kulm Hotel houses an enormous spa facility. You can enjoy one of their many treatments, take a dip in the indoor and outdoor swimming pool or even book a private spa room with your loved one.
- Breakfast is served in the impressive dining room. Due to the new Covid-19 regulations there is still a breakfast buffet but someone from the staff will escort you and hand you what you want on your plate.
- The Kulm Hotel has it’s very own florist and the entire hotel is decorated with them in abundance.
What to know
- Part of the Kulm hotel has been renovated so when booking a room make sure to check out all of them. Some have a glamorous rustic look while others have been fully modernised.
- Make sure to get a room overlooking Lake St. Moritz and the Engadine mountain.
- During the Summer months you can enjoy their golf and tennis courts.
- In front of the Kulm Country Club there is a giant sports field where they organise a daily drive in movie every evening.
- Cocktail evenings are made extra special while overlooking the beautiful Lake St. Moritz.
Things to do around the Kulm Hotel in St. Moritz
- Go for a lovely stroll around the beautiful Lake St. Moritz.
- Take the cable car up and go for a hike in the mountains.
- Go for a hike to Staz Lake, only 30 minutes away from the Kulm Hotel.