Are you planning a trip to Berchtesgaden and not sure where to stay? During my last visit to this beautiful region I had the pleasure to stay at Berghotel Rehlegg. This charming 4 star hotel is located in Ramsau and offers a 360° view over the beautiful surrounding mountain ranges.
The area of Berchtesgaden is one of my favourites in entire Germany and one that I could return to over and over again. From visiting the majestic Königssee to hiking up one of the many surrounding mountains. Berchtesgaden has something to offer for everyone!
Where To Stay in Berchtesgaden – Berghotel Rehlegg
- Berghotel Rehlegg is a charming hotel in chalet style with still a modern feeling thanks to some beautiful industrial elements.
- After an intense hike you can relax in one of the pools (there is both an indoor and an outdoor one) or one of the many hammocks in the surrounding garden. Make sure to also pay a visit to the Almwiesn Spa for a complete wellness experience!
- They are the first hotel in Bavaria to become completely climate positive. They already helped planting over 23.000 trees in Panama to help offset the CO₂ emissions and they only serve organically grown meat.
Good to know
- Every morning you’ll be able to treat yourself to a delicious breakfast buffet! In regards to COVID-19 extra measures are taken such as the following: wearing a face mask inside is mandatory, there are disinfected pliers which you can use to grab your food (you get your personal one), breakfast is divided into 2 shifts.
- You can make your dinner extra special and romantic by booking one of the many private dining areas.
- For the early birds that want to go on a morning hike: you can order a custom breakfast box at no additional cost.
- In the evening you can enjoy the daily changing specialty buffet or you can eat à la carte at their Almstüberl restaurant in Berchtesgaden.
- The rooms which offer the best views are the ones facing the mountain range in front of the hotel. So make sure to double check this when placing your booking!
- For an extra special stay you can book one of the senior suites Halsalm and Küroint where there is an extra bed placed on the terrace. Perfect for a romantic night under the stars!
- All rooms come with either a patio, loggia or balcony to draw in the surrounding nature.
- To ensure a good night’s rest for everyone they consulted with an expert in sleep health. This resulted in a unique range of sleep-enhancing solutions, from a herbal nightcap – their special blend of sleep tea – to hot-water bottles in every room, from an extensive pillow menu to their sleep guide with tips and tricks for deep and healthy sleep .
PIN IT FOR LATER
Charlotte Lint is the founder of Charlies Wanderings.
Charlotte has traveled all over the world and is based in Belgium where she also owns her very own dental practice.
She is an expert on writing efficient travel guides and finding unique places to stay.
Every month she helps over 134.000 people discover the most beautiful places in the world through her detailed travel guides.