Are you trying to figure out where to stay in Amsterdam while you’re on a city trip? No need to worry cause I got you covered!
Last weekend I had the best time while staying at the DoubleTree by Hilton in Amsterdam and in this guide I will tell you exactly why this hotel is so amazing!
Amsterdam is the perfect city for a city trip and a weekend getaway. From strolling through the narrow cobblestoned streets to going on a boat ride on the canals. From going to one of the new and trendy restaurants to high end shopping. Amsterdam pretty much has it all and I’ll tell you why DoubleTree by Hilton at the Amsterdam Central Station is THE best place to stay!
If you’re visiting Amsterdam in August or September you should definitely do a day trip to National Park Veluwezoom.
Or if you’re visiting in Spring make sure to go on a day trip to Lisse to admire the many tulip fields!
Where To Stay in Amsterdam – DoubleTree by Hilton
- Enjoy a delicious cocktail (or 2 ;)) at the SkyLounge Amsterdam bar on the 11th floor of the hotel!
- If you’re a meat lover you have to have dinner at the Eastwood Beer & Grill and try their ribs! The restaurant is located on the Ground Floor of the hotel and if you stay at one of the suites you get access to their executive service! From 5pm until 7pm you can enjoy some drinks and bites which are included in the rate of your room!
- The hotel is located 5 minutes walking from the most beautiful parts of Amsterdam!
Good to Know
- Breakfast is à la carte and in time slots due to Covid-19. You simply tell the front desk which time you wish to have breakfast, scan the QR-code and choose whatever you want out of a ton of options!
- The Amsterdam Central Station is right next to the hotel so for those of you who would arrive to Amsterdam by public transport the location is excellent!
- All of the rooms are sound proof so you won’t hear any of the incoming trains!
- There is a huge parking lot located right underneath the hotel called Oosterdok.
- Right in front of the hotel there’s a boat dock from where you can take a fun cruise on the canals. I booked my canal cruise with Amsterdam Sailors and LOVED the experience! We opted for one of the group trips but it was only 7 of us in total so keeping enough distance was always possible. There are soft drinks, beers, wine and cocktails available on board!
The Rooms at DoubleTree by Hilton
- A lot of the rooms offer a stunning panoramic view over the city of Amsterdam! I stayed at the Dock Suite and absolutely loved it!
- All rooms are professionally cleaned and disinfected before check in. If you wish additional room service you simply have to inform the reception downstairs.
- All rooms are spacious, decorated in a minimalist style and have their own private bathroom.