When planning a trip to Abu Dhabi one of the questions that will most likely pop up is where to stay. The only right answer to that question is the Shangri-La hotel.
It’s one of the only hotels that offers an all round view over the beautiful Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque. Plus the entire hotel is so beautifully decorated that as soon as you walk in you’ll feel like you’re in a scene from 1001 Arabian Nights.
Where to stay in Abu Dhabi – Shangri-La Hotel
Why you should stay at Shangri-La Abu Dhabi
- Every morning you can choose whatever you want to eat at one of the most lavish breakfast buffets I have ever seen.
- Relax by the infinity pool and admire the view over the Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque.
- You can go for a traditional boat ride around the hotel property and the nearby souks.
- Enjoy some shisha on one of the beach lounges while admiring the sunset over the Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque.
Things to know
- Besides an abundant buffet there are also multiple restaurants where you can eat à la carte. I opted for the Chinese one and had a delicious 3-course meal!
- Ask for one of the rooms with a straight on view over the Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque. This way you can admire it’s beauty from your own private balcony.
- The hotel owns a 1km long private beach.
- The hotel is connected by a winding waterway featuring Arabic traditional boats, known as abras.
- You can indulge in a Four Hands Harmonizing Massage at CHI, The Spa.
- Each of the 213 rooms displays authentic Arabic flair from the arched doorways to enriching colour schemes.
- The Deluxe rooms come with a private balcony, offering a mesmerising view over the Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque.
- The bathrooms are luxuriously decorated with marble and mosaics.
- Upon your arrival the Shangri-La will surprise you with some traditional delicacies.
Book your stay at the Shangri-La Abu Dhabi here.
Click here for a list of the most unique hotels in the world