Are you looking for the best road trip quotes to inspire your next big adventure? Or did you simply run out if inspiration for your next Instagram caption? Going on a road trip is one of my favorite ways to travel! From driving across different countries to going on a camper van trip around Iceland. There’s nothing that gives you the same sense of freedom as going on a road trip.
In this article you’ll find + quotes about going on a road trip, a camping trip, exploring the unknown and simply living the adventurous life outdoors. And after going through them you’ll hopefully be even more excited about planning your next adventure
GET INSPIRED FOR YOUR NEXT ADVENTURE WITH THESE AMAZING ROAD TRIP GUIDES
90 Best Road Trip Quotes & Road Trip Captions For Instagram
🚗 Short & Sweet Road Trip Quotes
To start of this list here are some short but sweet quotes that will have you book that next road trip in a second. These short road trip quotes also make for the perfect road trip caption for Instagram!
- “It’s not the destination, it’s the journey.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “Roads were made for journeys, not destinations.” – Confucius
- “Stop worrying about the potholes in the road and enjoy the journey.” – Babs Hoffman
- “Nothing behind me, everything ahead of me, as is ever so on the road.” – Jack Kerovac
- “Some beautiful paths can’t be discovered without getting lost.” – Erol Ozan
- “Driving at night is about communicating with lights.” – Lukhman Pambra
- “Good company in a journey makes the way seem shorter.” – Izaak Walton
- “All he needed was a wheel in his hand and four on the road.” – Jack Kerovac
- “You may not find a path, but you will find a way.” – Jack Wolfe
- “Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.” – Jerry Seinfeld
- “Roads are a record of those who have gone before.” – Rebecca Solnit
- “If you come to a fork in the road, take it.” – Yogi Bear
- “Take the long way home.”
- “And just like that, we’re on our way to everywhere.” – Emery Lord
- “People don’t take trips, trips take people.” – John Steinbeck
- “Roads are a record of those who have gone before.” – Rebecca Solnit
- “Some roads aren’t meant to be travelled alone.”
- “I take to the open road, healthy, free, the world before me.” – Walt Whitmann
- “Still, round the corner, there may wait, A new road or a secret gate.” – J.R.R. Tolkien
- “Two roads diverged in a wood, and I – I took the one less traveled by.” – Robert Frost
🚙 Longer Road Trip Quotes
If you’re looking for a longer and more inspirational road trip quote then these are your best bet. You can also use these longer road trip quotes for your next insightful Instagram caption.
- “What you’ve done becomes the judge of what you’re going to do – especially in other people’s minds. When you’re traveling, you are what you are right there and then. People don’t have your past to hold against you. No yesterdays on the road.” – William Least Heat Moon
- “To awaken alone in a strange town is one of the pleasantest sensations in the world. You are surrounded by adventure. You have no idea of what is in store for you, but you will, if you are wise and know the art of travel, let yourself go on the stream of the unknown.” – Freya Stark
- “Life is one big road with lots of signs. So when you riding through the ruts, don’t complicate your mind. Flee from hate, mischief, and jealousy. Don’t bury your thoughts, put your vision to reality. Wake Up and Live!” – Bob Marley
- “Road trips required a couple of things: a well-balanced diet of caffeine, salt and sugar and an excellent selection of tunes—oh, and directions.” – Jen McKinley
- “We all have that one friend who is either on a road-trip or planning a road-trip or thinking about a road-trip or talking to people who are on road-trip or posting quotes about road-trip.” – Crestless Wave
- “The pleasure we derive from journeys is perhaps dependent more on the mindset with which we travel than on the destination we travel to.” – Alain de Botton
- “Travel isn’t always pretty. It isn’t always comfortable. Sometimes it hurts, it even breaks your heart. But that’s okay. The journey changes you; it should change you.” – Anthony Bourdain
- “We all have that one friend who is either on a road-trip or planning a road-trip or thinking about a road-trip or talking to people who are on road-trip or posting quotes about road-trip.” Crestless Wave
- “Because he had no place he could stay in without getting tired of it and because there was nowhere to go but everywhere, keep rolling under the stars…” – Jack Kerouac
- “When all’s said and done, all roads lead to the same end. So it’s not so much which road you take, as how you take it.” – Charles de Lint
😆 Funny Road Trip Quotes
If you need a good laugh then these funny road trip quotes are for you! They can also be used as funny puns and captions for your next Instagram caption about travel.
- That’s why I love road trips, dude. It’s like doing something without actually doing anything.
- “Map out your future – but do it in pencil. The road ahead is as long as you make it. Make it worth the trip.” – Jon Bon Jovi
- If traveling was free, BYE!
- I wish that road trips could pay my bills.
- At the end of the day…I’d rather like to have a lot of stories to tell, than a full bank account.
- Backpacking is money spent on Education.
- I love when people say “just quit your job and travel.” Taking an Uber from the bar to my home is the only travel I can afford.
- I feel like most of my work problems could be solved with a trip to…anywhere.
- I googled my symptoms. Turns out I just needed to go on a vacay.
- Kilometers are shorter than miles. Save gas and take your next trip in kilometers.
- Jetlag is for amateurs
- Europeans: I drove 40 minutes to spend the weekend in Paris, then popped to Germany to visit family on the way home. Australians: I was in Queensland and drove for 18 hours. Now I’m still in Queensland.
- I don’t know where I’m going, but I’m going. Are you coming with me?
- Traveling is like a chocolate box. Don’t matter what you get. All is good.
- I’ve got a crush on the world.
- High five if you don’t know what you’re doing with your life and just want to travel the world.
- Be afraid. And do it anyway.
- Live a life you don’t need a vacation from.
- So, do I live out of a suitcase for the next month? Do I unpack just to repack again? Do I put my toothbrush back in the bathroom? I’m a visitor in my own house what the heck.
- What’s that medical condition called where you constantly need to have a trip booked?
⛰ Road Tripping through the Mountains Quotes
- “Everyone wants to live on top of the mountain, but all the happiness and growth occurs while you’re climbing it.” – Andy Roony
- “Mountains have a way of dealing with overconfidence.” – Herman Buhl
- “The hardest mountain to climb is the one within”. J. Lynn
- “Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddam mountain.” – Jack Kerouac
- “Never measure the height of a mountain until you reach the top. Then you will see how low it was.” – Dag Hammerskjold
- “The summit is what drives us, but the climb itself is what matters.” – Conrad Anker
- “In every walk with nature, one receives far more than he seeks” – John Muir
- “As a mountain you can’t grow, but as a human I can” – Edmund Hillary
- “You can’t conquer a mountain, though it may conquer you.” – Jimmy Chin
- “It is not the mountain we conquer, but ourselves” – Edmund Hillary
- “The mountains are calling and I must go” – John Muir
- “Every mountain top is within reach if you just keep climbing” – Barry Finlay
- “One day’s exposure to mountains is better than a cartload of books” – John Muir
- “Great things are done when men and mountains meet.” – William Blake
- “Climb the mountain not to plant your flag, but to embrace the challenge, enjoy the air and behold the view. Climb it so you can see the world, not so the world can see you.” – David McCollough Jr.
- “He who climbs upon the highest mountains laughs at all tragedies, real or imaginary.” – Friederich Nietschze
- “The top of one mountain is always the bottom of another.” – Marianne Williamson
- “I learn something every time I go into the mountains.” – Michael Kennedy
- “May your dreams be larger than mountains and may you have the courage to scale their summits.” – Harley King
- “The experienced mountain climber is not intimidated by a mountain, he is inspired by it.” – William Arthur Ward
- “Always be thankful for the little things… even the smallest mountains can hide the most breathtaking views!” – Nicky Mack
- “Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far they can go.” – T.S. Elliott
- “You never climb the same mountain twice, not even in memory. Memory rebuilds the mountain, changes the weather, retells the jokes, remakes all the moves.” – Lito Tejada Flores
- “You are not in the mountains. The mountains are in you.” – John Muir
- “Life sucks a lot less when you add mountain air, a campfire and some peace and quiet.” – Brooke Hampton
- “Mountains teach that not everything in this world can be rationally explained.” – Aleksander Lwow
- “In the mountains there are only two grades: You can either do it, or you can’t.” – Rusty Baille
- “You climb to reach the summit, but once there, discover that all roads lead down.” – Stanislaw Lem
- “The higher you climb on the mountain, the harder the wind blows.” – Sam Cummings
- “An early-morning walk is a blessing for the whole day.” – Henry David Thorreau
IN NEED OF SOME HIKING INSPIRATION? CHECK OUT ALL OF MY HIKING GUIDES AND GET READY FOR THE ADVENTURE OF A LIFETIME!
🚃 European Road Trip Quotes
- “Paris is always a good idea.” – Audrey Hepburn
- “If I had the choice to travel to two places in Europe, it would be Paris and London.” – Alain Ducasse
- “Venice, it’s temples and palaces did seem like fabrics of enchantment piled to heaven.” – Percy Shelly
- “The construction of Europe is an art. It is the art of the possible.” ~ Jacques Chirac
- “Europe is a collection of free countries.” ~ Douglas J. Feith
- “I grew up in Europe, where the history comes from.” ~ Eddie Izzard
Here the past was everywhere, an entire continent sown with memories.
- “Europe is, perhaps, the least worn-out of the continents, because it is the most lived in. A place that is lived in lives.” – D. H. Lawrence
- “The construction of Europe is an art. It is the art of the possible.” – Jacques Chirac
- “To be in Florence is to reflect on Europe’s intricate diversity – and its lost creativity.” – Timothy Garton Ash
PIN IT FOR LATER
Leave a Reply